I’m always seeking out the most amazing and potent plants, herbs, and fruits both for internal healing and skin rejuvenation. elaa organic skin care is abundantly full of these magical ingredients, perfect for creating the most beautiful skin ever. Each of these treasures deserves it’s own book, but here’s a quick taste of just how amazing some of these ingredients are.
Raw and Edible Superfood Ingredients
Supernatural Skin Food is designed to be applied as skin food, prior to moisturizing. It helps to firm skin, improve skin texture and tone, and stimulate collagen renewal. It also helps create an even skin tone, restoring your skin’s natural pigment, as well as, repair and protecting against UV damage, and even aiding DNA repair. It is also nice for soothing eczema and other skin conditions.
What makes my skin love it so much?
First of all, Supernatural Skin Food is a completely raw, vegan, and organic skincare product. But what really sets it apart is a divine mixture of several highly potent ingredients, including: goji berry, rhodiola root, amla berry, mucuna pruriens, camu camu berry, noni, chaga mushroom, and mangosteen.
How Do These Organic Skin Care Ingredients Work?
- Goji berries have very high levels of antioxidants as they contain a whole host of healthy vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, and phytochemicals. Applying all of this to your skin will support its revitalization, evening out its texture and leaving it feeling taut and smooth.
- Rhodiola is not only another excellent source of antioxidants, but it increases collagen synthesis and skin cell proliferation by increasing hydroxyproline and hexosamine levels. It has UV-protection, regenerative, anti-stress, and anti-fatigue properties.
- Amla has cooling astringent properties and is used in Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment all sorts of skin disorders. Deeply cleansing, it helps clear acne and tones the skin.
- Mucuna Pruriens leaves and seeds have long been used in Ayurvedic medicine. As an organic skincare ingredient, it burns fat from the fat cells, decreases cellulite and wrinkles, and can even improve cholesterol levels and strengthen the immune system.
- Camu camu is the one of most potent antioxidant Vitamin C fruits in the world with six times more antioxidant capacity than Acai berries. This makes it a potent anti-aging superfruit and an excellent ingredient to assist in collagen production.
- Noni contains high amounts of powerful antioxidants and aids the body in the production of xeronine by providing the necessary building blocks for it. Xeronine is very effective at repairing damaged cells, making noni a powerful source of anti-aging properties.
- Chaga is very rich in melanin, which nourishes your skin cells, restores their natural pigment, and even aids in DNA repair. In some select clinical trials in the medical community, treatment with chaga extract has been shown to greatly reduce psoriasis.
- Mangosteen is being found more and more to be an effective treatment for acne, eczema, psoriasis, and a number of other skin disorders. Thanks to the presence of tannic acid in the rind of the mangosteen fruit (technically called a “pericarp”), it acts as an excellent natural astringent. In the right amounts, it gently cleanses and exfoliates while clearing away harmful bacteria. Mangosteen fruit also contains organic compounds called xanthonoids, which are currently being examined for their potential disease ameliorating effects.